Wednesday, May 6, 2009

phase 3 : the concept of TIME

That was April 15.

I decided to use "Time" as the theme of my phase 3.

TIME was an scientific term, an manufactured measurement to help a socialized person fit into the modern society. TIME was artificial other than natural. It had created a powerful virtual space in our life, a system calculated every steps we made, and everything around us, and calculated the distance between life and death. I thought life was real, but it had been seriously infected by TIME.
That was an interesting contradiction, and I could related it to my phase 3:
Captured reality VS Constructed virtual reality
TIME could be captured, as it could be represented by the sound of clocks.
I basically created two files. One captured 1 min clicking sound made by three clocks. Another one was simply constructed by my working files(4 or 5 pieces while making the capture piece). There was a sense of rhythm in the constructed piece, and it didn`t sounds like clocks at all. I kind of like this effect. And I decided to place the constructed piece as file a, put the captured one behind. So when the audiences listened to a, they could get confused and try to figure out what that sound was. Then let the second piece answer it.
That could be interesting.

No comments: