Wednesday, May 6, 2009

phase 3 continues

OK,I was sick in the last a few weeks and didn't update my blog for a while.
Here is what happened after April 13.
So, time was running out. That was the night before phase 3 critique. I was stuck somewhere, thinking about the theme of this project. It was so quite in the morning around 2:32, the sound of clocks faded in, sounded clear and clearer, started taking up the space, and filling up my mind.
Time
Real
Constructed
It seemed something interesting within these key words.

Then I turned the clock on my table closer to the Mic, recorded 1 min using Audacity. Then I listened to the recorded piece. It sounded very simple, maybe too simple,actually boring. I was a bit disappointed.
3:12, I tried some other crazy ideas, most of them had horrible sound qualities, turned out to be a group of nonsense of meaningless nonsense.
4:30. I was so upset. OK, time to give up.
I woke up at 8:30, felt like shit.
Around 10:15, I got a seat in the lab, didn't bring any phase 3 working file with me. Only 9 people showed up and did critique that day. And after listening to those pieces did by others, I felt lucky that I didn't show my stupid things in front of the class. By that time I just told everyone I had a backup idea.
Yes, I had to got something.
I was too ambitious to try to play with sound. I was simply not good at it.
So, now I think it could be OK to be simple, as long as the concept worked.

No comments: